Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Guest Recipe From Etathed
"Simple Chicken Nacho Dip"









Simple Chicken Nacho Dip. I made this for the first time today. Thought it would go good with some of my award winning soft tacos.

1 CAN CHICKEN
1 CREAM CHEESE
1 CUP RANCH DRESSING
1 CUP HOT SAUCE
1 CUP CHEDDER CHEESE

Mix all that stuff up in a baking dish and bake at 350 until the edges brown.

Took longer than expected to bake and turned out pretty decent. And now a few observations..... I think i the one cup of franks was a bit much. 1/2-3/4 cups should do it, as it was overpowering in this mix. It is not a "hot" issue as i do not find franks "hot" it is just that the distinct franks flavor is too strong in such large quantities. Extra ranch may be another way to go.

I also think it could be improved on by substituting beef, perhaps taco meat, in place of the chicken, as the chicken seemed rather tasteless amidst the other ingredients. I believe a taco meat or chili sauce could really ad some body to this dip. So I believe there is a future to look into with this foodstuff.

If i were to grade this dip i would give it a C. However it is truly simple to make, thus i am going up it to a B-.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not confuse the pallets of the Michelin committee judges with too many flavor combinations. -

Anonymous said...

You got credentials Chef?

Anonymous said...

Well i made this dip again and changed a few things. As mentioned in my original review, I used less Frank's, about 3/4 a cup this time. I also used Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch instead of standard ranch. And finally i used ground beef with taco seasoning as apposed to chicken.

This new mix was more enjoyable than the last. I also began adding a bit o sour creme to the dip beofore serving.