Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Popcorn Lung" Forces Changes At Orville Redenbacher's




That buttery popcorn may be satisfying, but long time popcorn king Orville Redenbacher is being forced to change its formula after the discovery that a key chemical ingredient, Diacetyl, has been linked to cases of bronchiolitis obliterans, a rare life-threatening disease often called popcorn lung.

Naturally, we here at the FPT always suggest the use of copious amounts of real butter whenever possible.


More information can be found at the following link: Source - NY Times

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats a bummer. Microwave popcorn is just as amazing as instant mashed. Im tired of all this "It causes cancer" BS. Everyday its something new. In todays world i cant imagine popcorn is that much of a threat.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree, I hated when they took the seasonal favorite "arsenic and old lace" flavor off the shelves. The holidays just aren't the same without it.

Anonymous said...

I like the popped corn for when I be on the road up in me rig. What does this mean for me?

Anonymous said...

First you mess with me, then you mess with Orville? Your days are numbered fat pride man...

Anonymous said...

Is this that mesothelioma?