Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sprite "Aruba Mix" - Bad Timing or Bad Taste?

Sprite has recently released a beverage line titled "Aruba Mix". "Aruba Jam" is the third flavor in in the Sprite Remix series. Tropical and Berry were the two prior flavors released. With the whole Natalie Holloway issue still ongoing and the debate about Aruba's government authorities capabilities/willingness to deal with it, should Sprite not pull this product?

The Governor of Alabama has called for a boycott of the entire country (tourism and goods). From CNN: MONTGOMERY, Alabama (AP) -- Gov. Bob Riley called for a nationwide travel boycott of Aruba on Tuesday on behalf of a missing Alabama teenager's family, who accuse the island's government of not fully cooperating with the investigation into her disappearance. Riley asked his fellow governors to join him in urging the boycott of Aruba, where 18-year-old Natalee Holloway was last seen on May 30. "There are no other alternatives to get Aruban authorities to take this as seriously as they should," Riley said.

Debate is ongoing here at the FPT Test Kitchen.

We are encouraging you to post your opinion using the comments link on this post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fully support the boycott of Aruba and any product that uses the country's name as part of a marketing deal. I gave 4 years of my life trying to help get President Clinton impeached - I haven't had sex now for 7 years - and I can bring it on this indefinately.

Anonymous said...

FYI: MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Unlike some governors, Alabama Gov. Bob Riley has kept using a large state-provided sports utility vehicle since gas prices rose to the $3 per gallon range. On Tuesday (10/05), for an appearance in Birmingham, Riley arrived in a black Chevrolet Tahoe. In the past, he has also used a black Ford Expedition. The vehicles are equipped with special emergency and communications equipment. I cant follow this man -especially when he's driving that big ass car I cant see around.

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find the Sprite "Aruba mix," but I can't find it anywhere. Last I heard, some guys on a boat had some. I think one of the guys was a DJ, or something. I've been looking for a long time, and I'm never going to give up as long as it's out there, somewhere.