1.5 lbs rabbit or hare meat (meat from 1 rabbit), cubed
1/2 pound bacon
1 pack Pillsbury pie crust (top & bottom)
1 med. vidalia onion
4 tbsp redcurrant jelly
5 oz. port (or bockbier)
6 prunes, diced
1/2 stick + 1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup broken kluski noodles
3/4 c. flour, sifted
1 pt. beef stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp grated pepper
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp chopped thyme
1/4 tsp chopped marjoram
1. Using 1 tbsp butter, saute chopped onion & chopped bacon in skillet until bacon is crispy.
2. Mix flour, salt & pepper and use to coat cubed meat.
3. Brown the floured meat in skillet using 3 tbsp butter.
4. Put meat, bacon, onion and prunes with spices into pot, adding stock and port (or bockbier) to cover meat.
5. While stirring, bring liquid to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover for 1 hour. Let sit 20 minutes for sauce to thicken.
6. Boil kluski noodles for a few minutes, until flexible but not soft.
7. Lay bottom pie crust into a pie dish, fill with mix of rabbit, sauce, noodles & redcurrant jelly and cover with second pie crust.
8. Using tines of a fork, press together top and bottom crust. Brush with melted butter before placing in oven.
9. Bake pie at 425 F for 25-30 minutes or until crust becomes a golden brown.