Here is the latest dish from FPT reporter B2 in Las Vegas. He put together a nice dish of Cincinnati Chili. The chili packets are not sold in the Las Vegas area, so he had it imported in, from you guessed in, Cincinnati. This style of chili seems to be very popular in the Midwestern United States. According to the Greater Cincinnati Convention and Visitors Bureau, Cincinnatians consume more than two million pounds of chili each year, topped by 850,000 pounds of shredded cheddar cheese. Now those people really love their chili! Cincinnati chili is traditionally served in the following methods. (note: Pictured is a four-way chili plate)
* two-way: spaghetti and chili
* three-way: spaghetti, chili, and shredded cheese
* four-way: spaghetti, chili, shredded cheese, and either diced onions or beans
* five-way: spaghetti, chili, shredded cheese, diced onions, and beans
* cheese coney: hot dog topped w/ chili, shredded cheese, diced onions, and mustard
* chili cheese fries: French fries topped with chili and shredded cheese
Here is a quote from our reporter..."The chili has a unique flavor with a hint of cinnamon. It is not your traditional Texas style chili. I would suggest any chili lover to try it at least once."