Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Hardee’s Portobello Mushroom Melt Thickburger - Guest Review From BadDonkey

This week I reviewed the Hardee’s Portobello Mushroom Melt Thickburger. This sandwich is a 100% Black Angus Beef Patty topped with sautéed Portabello Mushrooms, grilled onions, and two sliced of melted Swiss cheese, all served on a toasted sourdough bread. Once again, the sandwich looked very much as advertised which I have to take a moment to congratulate Hardee’s on. As I said in my last review, usually when you get fast food, the sandwiches look like they were thrown together then dropped on the floor and stepped on before being served. This is not true with the Hardee’s sandwiches I have reviewed.

From the first bite, I thoroughly loved this sandwich. The mushrooms were prepared correctly and the sauce they were cooked in was flavorful. The onions on the other hand were almost completely not there. I was disappointed in this because I really like onions. The meat was cooked correctly and the swiss cheese was a perfect addition to the sandwich. The bread however, seemed to get sopped in all the sauce and while I do really love sourdough, a thicker bread may have worked to keep the sandwich from becoming too messy. Overall this was a fantastic sandwich and has this reviewer looking forward to trying the 1/3lb, Mushroom N’ Swiss thickburger.

No comments: