Thursday, July 28, 2005

Filthy Shopping Carts of Safeway Stores

The FatPride Times is calling upon all readers to visit their local safeway and look at the nastiness that is their carts. Their carts are made of a strange plastic material that seems to be a magnet for filth. Locally, the Safeway stores have the bottle/can return machines inside the stores (way in the back), which leads to people loading carts up with nasty beer & beverage containers. This in turn leads to sticky nasty carts. When im gonna put my foodstuffs in a cart, I want it to be clean. I dont think this much to ask. I personally saw the General Manager one day and made a comment to him about the problem. He told me that he had a cleaning crew coming that night to clean them (coincidence or bullshit?). The FP Times is asking all readers to speak up to management if they have this problem. Together we are strong!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you, as I have seen the nasty carts at Safeway myself. It is the bottle machines being inside the store. Idiots.

Anonymous said...

As an FPT reader I felt I needed to register this complaint on Safeway.com and will be sending along the response

Comments or Questions : In Oregon, there are laws about bottle deposits. Stores have automatic machines inside for people to cash in their bottle and can deposits. What they will do is, roll a shopping cart over to their car, and proceed to fill it with ottles and cans that are months old, were never rinsed, and are oozing moldy liquids of all sorts, even expelled chewing tobacco, cigarette butts, into your SAFEWAY shopping carts.

As result, your carts are DISGUSTING in Oregon. I refuse to use one, the muck is visible and sticky, therefore I can only shop for what I can hold or put in a hand basket. I have complained about this, and wouldn't you know it every single time the manager says that a cleaning crew is coming that night to clean the carts. Right. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, as all it takes is one encounter with someome returning empties and the cart is
fouled again. You have a problem here. What is to stop someone from taking a culture samle and proving that your carts are covered with hazardous molds? I for one have seen enough to avoid your stores alltogether. Many stores will
have their machines outside far away from shopping carts, but not you. IT IS DISGUSTING. I can send you pictures of the nastiest stuff you can imagine all over your shopping carts.

Anonymous said...

well
i think the cark jockey girl looks good...oddly enough

Anonymous said...

gd forgot to show who i was in teh above post...i think shes oddly good lookin

Anonymous said...

My problem with shopping carts is that people take them from the store property. They leave them on the side of the road and on sidewalks. It make the community look low class.